What is a REALTOR®?
Founded in 1908, NAR has grown from its original nucleus of 120 to over 800,000 members today. NAR is composed of REALTORS® who are involved in residential and commercial real estate as brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers, counselors and others engaged in all aspects of the real estate industry.
Members belong to one or more of some 1,700 local associations/boards and 54 state and territory associations of REALTORS®. They can join one of our many institutes, societies and councils. Additionally, NAR offers members the opportunity to be active in our appraisal and international real estate specialty sections. REALTORS® are pledged to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Working for America’s property owners, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® provides a facility for professional development, research and exchange of information among its members.
Why use a REALTOR®?
- Financing REALTORS® can help determine how much home you can afford, explain different financing options and refer you to the best-qualified lender.
- Selection REALTORS® have the resources to investigate all available properties and provide objective information about each property regarding the community and other important issues.
- Negotiation REALTORS® can advise you on factors such as price, financing, terms, date of possession, repairs and furnishings.
- Inspection REALTORS® can help provide enough time in the purchase agreement for inspections and investigations, plus advise which ones are required or recommended.
- Closing Every area has its own unique closing or settlement customs. A local REALTOR® can guide you through the process.
- Pricing When selling property, REALTORS® can give you current market information to sell your property quickly, at the best price and with minimum hassle.
- Marketing A REALTOR® can recommend repairs to enhance the stability of your property and expose it to other agents, the public and cooperative marketing networks. When it’s time to buy or sell your house, it’s time to turn to a professional. Someone with the expertise to get the job done right.